Compassion for others and Passion for possibilities
Mission: First Step Georgia's mission is to enhance the quality of life, and promote the rights, of children and youth with intellectual and physical disabilities.
Vision: A Georgian society where every child with special needs has access to the resources needed to better their personal wellbeing; has the rights and the ability to be an equal member of society; and is a participating member of their family and community.
We base our work on the following principles:
- Equity– children and youth with special needs have a right to be respected and to have equal opportunities to participate in all aspects of community life.
- Dignity and self-determination– valuing the knowledge, abilities and experiences of the children and youth we serve and accepting and supporting their choices.
- Diversity – valuing people's differences and recognizing that diverse communities are strong communities.
- Non-discrimination –all people have a right to live their lives free from discrimination. Our services are based on non-discrimination practices.
- Professionalism - we develop and maintain the organizational capacity necessary to support effective responses.
- Multi-sector partnerships - we build and sustain partnerships to better services and policies for all children and youth with special needs